The Web Compliance Center team has an extensive experience in teaching and in collaboration projects with higher education institutions at the national and international level. Among the actual teaching collaborations, we can highlight:
- Media Informatics Masters Programme of the Bonn-Aachen International Center for Information Technology (B-IT), Bonn. B-IT was founded in 2002 by the University of Bonn, RWTH Aachen University, the University of Applied Sciences Bonn Rhein-Sieg, and the Fraunhofer Institute Centre Birlinghoven Castle (IZB). Supported by the B-IT Foundation and complementary state resources, B-IT offers highly selective International Master Programmes in Applied IT as well as summer/winter schools for qualified computer science students.
- Protestant University of Applied Sciences Rhineland-Westphalia-Lippe in Bochum.
- German University of Technology in Oman.
Since 2014 a collaboration project has been initiated with the University of Ha'il (UoH) in Saudi Arabia. The main objectives of this project in its first year were:
- to evaluate the existing research facilities of the College of Computer Science and Engineering,
- to carry out a complete curricular audit of the College of Computer Science and Engineering,
- to explore plans for the establishment of a research laboratory in the area of Human Computer Interaction (HCI),
- to identify research areas of common interest to both institutions (Fraunhofer FIT and the University), and
- to define different joint research projects in the common areas of interests to be developed in the coming years of the collaboration.
The project has been recently extended until 2018, with an emphasis on the following points:
- integration of different technologies in the HCI laboratory,
- implementation of multiple prototypes in this laboratory, which will be used for education purposes; for example:
- a prototype of an environmental and activity monitoring in an office, based on the usage of Web of Things technologies
- a prototype of an indoor positioning system based on Web of Things technologies
- evaluation of the web accessibility of the university sites,
- conducting experiments and evaluations in different environments with the created prototypes, and
- dissemination activities, e.g., organising a workshop on accessibility of information systems.